Sunday, November 22, 2009

TRADITIONAL NAVAJO SONG

With your moccasins of dark cloud, come to us!
With your leggings of dark cloud, come to us!
With your skirt of dark cloud, come to us!
With your head-dress of dark cloud, come to us!

With the zigzag lightening flung over your head, come to us, soaring!
With the rainbow hanging high over your head, come to us, soaring!
With the zigzag lightening flung out high on the ends of your wings, come to us!
With the rainbow hanging high on the ends of your wings, come to us!

I have made your sacrifice,
I have prepared a smoke for you.

My feet restore for me,
My legs restore for me,
My body restore for me,
My mind restore for me,
My voice restore for me,
Today take out your spell for me.

Far off from me it is taken!
Far off you have done it!
Happily I recover!

Happily my interior becomes cool,
Happily my eyes regain their power,
Happily my head becomes cool,
Happily my legs regain their power,
Happily I hear again!
Happily for me the spell is taken off!

Happily may I walk
In beauty, I walk!

With beauty before me, I walk
With beauty behind me, I walk
With beauty below me, I walk
With beauty above me, I walk
With beauty all around me, I walk

In beauty it is finished
In beauty it is finished
In beauty it is finished
In beauty it is finished

1 comment:

  1. With beauty before, I walk
    With beauty behind me, I walk
    With beauty below me, I walk
    With beauty above me, I walk
    With beauty all around me, I walk

    In beauty it is finished

    ReplyDelete