Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Taos, NM


Rio Grande Gorge on the way to Taos, New Mexico from Colorado

Arrived in Taos yesterday afternoon. Warm, sunny. 5 hours on route. Family friend, Patti Tronolone, welcomed me. Her home an opening of creative space. The artist, healer, giver. Taos is soft. Feminine. The mountains more sloped without the Colorado peaks and mesas. Taos Mountain is known to accept you or spit you out of town. They say the veil between worlds is very thin here. It will expose your weaknesses and heal then deeply if you allow it to. Deep sadness here in the land. Patti feels it too. I have felt my heart underwater since I connected to the region. Lost in the sacred lake. Sensitivity a blessing – calling for infinite patience and emotional stability. We walked, shared visions, meditated. Patti made me a flower essence tincture to help me process the deep cries I can’t help but hear. She also gifted me a Taos stone with a painted bear of the four directions. Felt honored. Headed over to Overland Sheepskin. Stayed at Jim Leahy’s home.


Kind. Dynamic, generous wife, six year old son, Sam. Smart, mature, full of life and awareness. Loves legos. They included me for dinner and afterwards I read books to Sam in bed. All of us to sleep at 9. If you give a moose a muffin…he will want some jam. Agreed. I always found that to be a problem. Their home is 25 miles Southeast of Taos nestled within the Rio Grande mountains just by the river. Absolutely gorgeous. Having slipped in on a dark night, the morning drive enhanced the magnificence. Today I will visit the Taos Pueblo, the Church of Guadalupe, unique boutiques, and dinner with Patti. She is cooking for me and maybe I can go early and help her. She is wonderful. Delicate and silent with creativity pouring out of her. I enjoy her presence. She is working on her new Sanctuaries Project, in which through art alters and sacred spaces are constructed for healing and universal connectivity. I am deeply inspired by her ability to use art in this way. http://www.sanctuariesproject.com/ Check it out. Tenderness still pulls in me today. Feels like the heart of the Taos land suffers from past wounds. Effort to jump into any exploration here. My heart Only the first layer beginning to heal. I want to go to the Blue Lake, but only natives can go there. Pilgrimage site. I will have to ask at the Pueblo res if it is possible. I am consumed by the call to nurture the healing. Maybe it is just sadness in my self. Hard to tell anymore what is me and what is the environment. Practice whole-hearted action.



On the way to Leahy's Home from Taos


Distant view of sacred Taos Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment