Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sacred Navajo Mountain of the North: Mount Hesperus or Dibé Nitsaa, CO



I felt them with me the most present since my arrival to the Southwest. I felt them behind me up above. But my eyes did not see anyone. I came upon Joya as she stood, tears in her eyes. Unifying and letting go of mother. We embraced and walked together softly to the car. Our gratitude left behind and carried with us up further to the aspen grove. The sun casting long shadows on the road.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNQRVCouHtxuyV-wH4WBQqKwUlB6Kq6bSO-3xaJKwn5QCBnNfpaQwHykaQN4ypobyfOdfz26xai9PDUzVJac5LtydPnjcKh9XrUvrqogIPseqCSJil9-1OQzcecTBE-oO8vKzUisisId0/s1600-h/IMG_1844.JPG">
Trees reaching far overhead. Tall pillars. Car stopped, running up the road, through the trees. This is where the wild things are. Completion. The snow up ahead prevented travel any further up to the peak or even just to where the shale stone begins. Joya said she felt there were bear dens by the shale. Introspection before pure Shhhhhh. Rode home in silence to the bakery for lunch. Break fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment